Last updated: March 9, 2023
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience.
Our Website may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Website; and (2) third-party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Website, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third-party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising, and social media features.
What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies does Recharge use on the Sites?
In addition to cookies, our Website may use other technologies, such as Flash technology to pixel tags to collect information automatically.
Browser Web Storage
We may use browser web storage (including via HTML5), also known as locally stored objects (“ LSOs ”), for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. Your web browser may provide the functionality to clear your browser web storage.
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Object (“ Flash LSOs ”) on our Website to collect and store information about your use of our Website. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our Website.
We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Website and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Website and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Website, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
You can control and manage cookies and similar tracking technologies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies and similar tracking technologies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our Website may no longer be fully accessible. Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar tracking technologies collect about you include:
- Updating your Website cookie preferences . Click here to manage your cookie preferences on our Website at any time.
- Blocking cookies in your browser . Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Website may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org . If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Website.
- Third-party opt-out option .You can opt-out of interest-based advertising through some of the third-parties listed in the chart above by using the corresponding third-party opt-out tool provided in the chart.
- Industry association opt-outs . You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here . You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here , and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings . Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org . If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Website.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.